Data Protection Legislation
Hyundai Finance complies with the Data Protection Legislation, which lays down a set of standards that must be followed whenever personal information is processed. The Data Protection Legislation also gives individuals (known as Data Subjects) a number of rights including the right to find out what information, if any, is held about them. This is known as a subject access request.
When do I need to make a Subject Access Request?
A Subject Access Request is a formal request for information. The formal access request arrangements are not designed to deal with general queries that you may have about your account. If, for example, you want to find out some specific information about your account, you should contact our Customer Service Team. We aim to provide you with the information you require without you having to make a subject access request.
What do I have to do if I want to make a Subject Access Request?
You can make a Subject Access Request by any means. However, if you put your request in a letter, you should include the following:
- Your full name, date of birth, current address and previous address
- It would be useful if you could provide us with a daytime telephone number in case we need to contact you to discuss your request
- The agreement number(s) about which you want information
- If your request does not relate to an agreement, please let us know the nature of your relationship with Hyundai Finance and any other relevant information. For example, if you are or have been an employee, you should include details of your staff number
- Send your completed letter to: Customer Services, Hyundai Finance, 86 Station Road, Redhill RH1 1SR
- To download a request form, please click here
Hyundai Finance uses CCTV for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime and for public safety. If you wish to have sight of any personal images we may have captured, please supply us with the following: the full address where the camera is sited; the date and the time it may have taken place; a recent photograph of yourself (for identification purposes). Please note that the images are normally retained for no longer than 31 days from the date of filming.
When will I receive the information?
We will provide you with the information you have requested within 28 days from the date we receive your request.
If you would like to receive the information or a copy of this leaflet in an alternative format, please phone us on 0800 085 1954 to discuss your needs. Alternatively, you can write to us at Customer Services, Hyundai Finance, 86 Station Road, Redhill RH1 1SR.